CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Two weeks and counting

I can't believe that Christmas is just two weeks away. Luckily, this year we are ready for it! Unlike years past, we actually have all of our Christmas shopping done and we have had it done for almost a whole week now! I am so glad, because I feel like I have more time to just enjoy the season. The kids are so excited. Last Wednesday, they stayed with Grandma while Jarrod and I went to a youth activity at the Bishop's house. The Bishop's wife made a couple of different soups and homemade bread bowls. It was so yummy! It was a nice way to kick off the holiday season. Bishop shared some thoughts and read a Christmas story that was written by his brother. The spirit of Christmas was definitely present. I love our Bishop. I think he is a wonderful, humble man. Anyway, while we were having a nice evening at Bishop's house, our kids were home making those paper chains to use to count down the days until Christmas. Every night they have been cutting a link from their chains to signify the passing of another day. Last week I had to drag Karter along with me to the grocery store (he hates shopping) and when we got there they had these gingerbread houses and gingerbread men kits that you could buy from the bakery and he had to have one. I tried and tried to talk him out of getting one because I thought they were a little pricey, but he didn't care. He had brought three pennies with him to buy a treat for everyone (how cute he thought he could actually buy something with a penny) and so he 'bought' one for everyone. So, yesterday afternoon, we decorated gingerbread men. The kids had so much fun. Oh, and yesterday was also mine and Jarrod's 9th wedding anniversary. We didn't do anything to celebrate yesterday, but we are planning on getting away to Payson on Monday. So I guess we can count that. Happy Anniversary, to us! It has been an amazing nine years. We have done a lot of growing up together and I love him more than anything. He is always there for me and he is such an amazing provider and help to me. I got a good one and I know it. Love ya, babe!

0 comments: